10 things you should know about Senator Isiaka Adeleke’s Widow
1. She is Adenike Adeleke
3. She is a graduate of Science Technology.
4. She was born of an affluent father, Chief Ahmed Omidina, who was an astute cocoa merchant.
5. Her mother is from Delta State.
6 She was born and bred in Oshogbo.
7. She owns a fabric shop in Abuja, Crystal Fabrics.
8. She met her husband, the late Adeleke aka Serubawon in 1991. This was after the deceased lost his first wife who died in an auto crash in Lagos
She recalled: “I met him in 1991, when I was a 21-year-old. Though I had met him earlier in 1987, there was nothing happening between us. By the time he just came back from the United States of America, I was in Oshogbo and met him at a friend’s place. Then, it was one of these festive periods and he saw me and asked me out. But I fled. I was afraid that he was older than me! But he did not give up and gradually, I was attracted to his good nature and by 2000, we got married.”
9. Of her late husband, she said, “I am very lucky to have married a man, who is kind, generous, a peoples’ man and who identifies with whatever challenges are in your life.”
10. Her business started from her sitting room but, “the customers were getting too much and there were times my husband would be in the living-room and some customers would be buying and bargaining. It was getting too uncomfortable for us and my husband requested that I got a shop, which I did.”
Source: Kemi Ashefon