A 26-year-old man, Olasunkanmi Olajide, has disclosed how he was arrested by detectives attached to the Rapid Response Squad (RSS), Ikeja, Lagos State, moments after he and his partners dispossessed a pastor of his phones and N6,000. Olajide said he and his nine friends were returning from the New African Shrine, Ikeja, when they bumped into Pastor Adetayo Samuel and robbed of his three phones and N6,000.

He said: “The pastor was waiting to board a bus to Ibadan about 5a.m. at Old Toll Gate, Ketu, when we saw and robbed him. After robbing him, we broke into three groups and fled the scene. Apparently, the pastor alerted RRS operatives.

They trailed and arrested me while I was trying to board a bus to Ibafo.” On that fateful Friday morning, apart from Olajide, two other suspects, Moshood Olowu (24) and Rasak Adebola (22), were also arrested.

Olowu and Ogundipe, both attendees of Felabration, along with their respective accomplices separately robbed two commuters at Ojota and Ketu.

Adebola was arrested at Ikate by RRS patrol team after snatching a hangbag belonging to Helen Susan in traffic. According to Olowu, he and his two other accomplices, now at large, left New African Shrine at Alausa Business District, Ikeja, and were heading to Ikorodu through Ojota when they committed the crime.

He said: “We were at Ojota about 5a.m. after leaving Felabration venue to board a bus to Ikorodu. I dipped my hand into another passenger’s pocket when we were rushing the bus. I removed his phone and passed it to my colleagues, Ayobami and Jide. The owner held my hand and prevented me from joining the bus.

Ayobami and Jide, who I gave the stolen phone, went away while RRS officilas walked by and arrested me.” Narrating how he was arrested, Adebola said: “I was going to Ajah to retire for the night.

Just before I got to Chisco around Maroko about 11p.m., I snatched a lady’s bag. I attempted to escape but the RRS men were in my front, I waited and handed over the bag. I don’t know what came over me.

I had only N200 on me. I have been waiting for traffic to build up. I have never been imprisoned before. I plead for leniency. I won’t repeat it again.” The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Olarinde Famous-Cole, said the three suspects would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) for further investigation and prosecution.