Carlos Takam is not fazed by the prospect of stepping in to challenge Anthony Joshua for the WBA ‘Super’ and IBF heavyweight titles.

The France-based Cameroonian (35-3-1-27KO) is a late replacement for the injured Kubrat Pulev, and meets ‘AJ’ at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in front of 80,000 fans on Saturday October 28.

Ranked third in the IBF rankings, Takam has a reputation as a durable, come-forward fighter with a solid chin, and his 2014 loss to Alexander Povetkin is his only career-defeat inside the distance.

Takam was unsuccessful when he challenged Joseph Parker for the WBO heavyweight title in New Zealand last year but says he will not be overawed by the occasion when he fights in Britain for the first time in his career.

“I don’t know if I’m excited stressed or confused but I’m definitely ready for the fight. It will be a proper fight,” he told Sky Sports News.

“AJ is a good boxer who likes to box and I like opponents who like to come forward and throw punches. I like to get stuck in as well.

“I believe in myself. I never go into a fight thinking I might lose – I’m a winner, I like to win not to lose.

“I’m not scared, 80,000 fans means nothing to me. I’ve boxed in New Zealand, Canada, Russia (so)  that won’t faze me. It’s about what happens in the ring. It’s about me and him.”